Contacting the Pension Section
The online service - Member Self-Service (MSS)
The Member Self-Service area of this website is a convenient way to access information about your pension. If you are an active member of the scheme, you will find your annual statement here every year.
The benefit projectors for active and deferred members can show what effect different retirement dates could have on your pension. The projectors are particularly useful if you are nearing retirement age and need an estimate of your pension. However, we strongly recommend that you do NOT hand in your notice until you have received a formal (written) estimate from the Pensions team.
We will only provide a written estimate for a retirement date within the next 12 months. If you are thinking about taking Flexible Retirement (FR) you’ll need to contact your employer first because FR estimate requests must be approved by them. Until the ill health tier awarded by the employer is known, the Pensions Section cannot provide written forecasts of ill health benefits under any circumstances.
Should you have any problems using the Self-Service, please let us know and we will be happy to assist you. Please contact us via email at: pensionsMSS@leics.gov.uk, or by telephone: 0116 305 7886.
Contacting the Pensions Team directly
Please make sure that you have your National Insurance number available and remember to quote it, along with your full name and date of birth on all correspondence.
Pensions SectionLeicestershire County CouncilCounty HallGlenfieldLeicesterLE3 8RB
If you’ve received a letter from a member of the Pensions Team, their name, direct telephone number and email address will be included on the letter.
Phone lines are open 8.30am – 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am – 4.30pm on Friday.
To protect your personal information the Pension Section will ask you a number of security questions. If you want someone else to telephone on your behalf you will need to confirm this to the Pensions Section during the phone call. The Pensions Section will not provide any personal data to another party without your prior approval.
If you need information about the following, please call:
0116 305 4000 -
- claiming your Pension or thinking about retirement
- you're an LGPS member and are taking redundancy
- ill Health retirement
- any enquiry relating to your pension benefits
- notifying us of a death
- requesting pension information in relation to divorce proceedings
- transferring your pension to or from another pension scheme or LGPS pension fund
- claiming a refund of your pension contributions
- further information about your annual allowance or lifetime allowance
If you need help with the following, please call:
0116 305 7886 -
- joining or have recently joined the LGPS
- increasing your pension contributions
- combining your previous Leicestershire LGPS membership with your current membership
- any other queries about the LGPS
If your enquiry is about a Firefighters’ pension, please contact the Fire Pensions Team.