I would like to increase my benefits
Buying additional pension
- How much extra pension you want to buy
- The age you start paying the extra contributions
- The length of time you want to pay them for
Approved leave of absence
Get a quote for an APC
If you are interested in paying an APC, please complete and return the form below:
Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs)
You can now pay a proportion of your pensionable earnings in any single month, into an AVC plan.
In an AVC plan:,
- You will have a choice of funds to invest in.
- You can change or stop contributions to suit your circumstances.
- You do not need medical clearance to start paying AVCs.
When you retire, you can choose how to use your fund. AVCs are very flexible when deciding what you want:
- You can use the AVC fund to increase your monthly pension income
- You can use it for a combination of tax free cash and/ or pension (subject to Inland Revenue limits)
For more details, please visit Prudential's website.
Also, the LGPS has produced a short guide on AVCs and how they work, a Guide to AVCs for members. PDF, 1.53 MB