- The LGPS
- – The national website for the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- LGPS Pensions Made Simple
- – Short video guides to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- LGPS Regs
- – Guides and documents for LGPS members and employers.
- – The Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVC) provider for Leicestershire Pension Fund.
- Local Government Employers
- – Information and solutions on pay, pensions and employment issues from The Local Government Association (LGA).
- Modification Orders
- – Information applicable to all public sector bodies who come under the same redundancy rules as Local Government, including redundancy entitlement, accepting a new job and turning down an alternative offer of employment.
- The Pensions Regulator
- – Find out about pension rules, workplace pensions and pension scams.
- The Pensions Ombudsman
- – The independent service that can investigate complaints and disputes.
- The Pensions Advisory Service
- – The Pensions Advisory Service (TPAS) is an independent non-profit organisation that provides free information, advice and guidance on the whole spectrum of pensions, including state, company, personal and stakeholder schemes.
Advice and guidance
- Money Advice Service
- – Get help with managing your money
- Be ScamSmart with your pension
- – Avoid investment and pension scams
- Avoid Pension Scams
- – Article from The Pensions Regulator
- Pension Wise
- – Free, impartial guidance from the Government, in particular for members who are considering transferring their pension benefits from the LGPS to another (non public sector) pension provider.
- Citizens Advice
- – The independent organisation specialising in information and advice to assist people with legal, debt, consumer, housing and other important matters in the UK.
Your State Pension
- State Pensions and Retirement Planning
- – The website to visit for anything to do with your state pension, including how to get a state pension forecast.
- The Department for Work & Pensions
- – The Department for Work and Pensions supports government policies and strategies that affect people who receive benefit, people who need help to get work, disabled and older people and people who get the State Pension.
Other pension schemes
- The Pension Tracing Service
- – Get help with finding lost pension entitlements.
- Teachers' Pensions
- – The pension scheme for teachers, a different scheme to the LGPS.